12th International Conference on Software QA and Testing on Embedded Systems
The International Conference on Software QA and Testing on Embedded Systems (QA&TEST) is a three day international conference in Bilbao, Spain, taking place every year in October.
This year, the 12th edition will take place, on 29-30-31 October.
The programme contains contributions from companies like Intel Corporation, Spotify, Phillips, Telefónica, Quality Perspectives, PrettyGoodTesting, among others, and will show you techniques to obtain the maximum of your testing processes, reducing costs and time.
There will be three keynotes, as 60 minute master classes:
- The opening keynote from Lynn McKee will explain how to meet expectations when each stakeholder has their own perspective on quality.
- Tanya Wapple will focus on transforming User Acceptance Testing on a large-scale program using context-driven testing.
- Morten Hougaard will share his experiences of working with people with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, in the sector of software testing.
Two tutorials lasting 4 hours each will give an insight into some practical technology:
- Jan Jaap Cannegieter and Erik Boelen will present “Test Process Improvement in theory and practice” using TMMi, the maturity model for testing and successor of TMM.
- Jon Hagar will follow the tradition of James Whittaker’s book series How to Break … Software and apply the testing “attack” concept to the domain of mobile and embedded software systems.
QA&TEST also covers model-based testing, just like the last years:
- In 2011, there was a Track on agile and model-based testing, with talks from Padma Iyenghar (Tekelec, The Netherlands) and from Ken Power (Cisco, UK).
- In 2012, Debarchan Dasch (Samsung, India) talked about mobile test automation using MBT, Mert Burkay Cöteli and Cumhur Ünlü (Aselsan, Turkey) about real time test environment creation for the black box functional testing of embedded software.
- This year, Subra Ganesan from Oakland University will talk about Model Based Validation and Verification of automotive embedded software. Carol Oliver from Florida Institute of Technology will talk about High -Volume automated testing: Using oracles to extend your testing reach.
There are two special offers:
- For everybody, there is an early-bird 15% off until 16th September.
- For you as reader of our blog, you get 20% off by using our promotional code “MBTCOM20”, valid until the day of the conference.
Hope to see you there,
Davids (Santín and Faragó)